Pitted dates are natural sweeteners (fructose) that you can substitute for white sugar when you make smoothies, baked goodies, homemade plant-based milk and more! They are high in nutrients, fiber and antioxidants.
They can help relieve constipation, promote brain health and promote natural labor/ cervical dilation among other benefits.
- Add chopped dates to baked goodies like bread, cookies and muffins
- Sweetener for homemade almond, cashew or oat milk
- Blend with your smoothies
- Try Cocoa-Peanut Butter- Banana- Dates Smoothie
Storage: Store in an airtight container and put in the refrigerator.
Serving Suggestion: 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving provides the following nutrients (1):
- Calories: 277
- Carbs: 75 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Potassium: 20% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 14% of the RDI
- Copper: 18% of the RDI
- Manganese: 15% of the RDI
- Iron: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 12% of the RDI